I was nominated for this amazing award by a fellow blogger who is fast becoming a good friend of mine. Emily and her blog have served as inspiration since I began my own blogging journey less than two months ago. She has been a cheerleader across Twitter and Instagram, her blog features book reviews, lifestyle pieces and some beautiful, raw writing. Thank you so much for this nomination, and the feature in your new series ‘blogger of the month’, it is no shock that you received this award yourself!
The nature of the award is to spread love and support for each other throughout the community, so there are some rules to follow as a nominee:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so others can find them
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them a different 11 questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or blog
Why did you pick the blog name that you did?
My blog name came after I started my author Instagram page. My handle ‘Just Ink and Paper’ came from the idea that all writing is just that until we turn it into something else. For me, reading and writing are both cathartic. People are what make the written word into the stories we know and love. So I wanted the place where I share my story to emphasise that – my blog is only as good as my readers want it to be.
Name a blog that inspires you.
I am so new to the blogging community and have most definitely barely scratched the surface in terms of finding blogs to love, but Emily’s is absolutely one that inspires me. The sheer bravery it took her to write Release is inspirational by itself.
What is your favourite aspect of your blog?
I love sharing my creative writing. Eleri’s Kingdom has been such a fun project and I can’t wait to see how it’s received!
Best blogging tip?
Take your time. Don’t rush into blogging because it seems like everybody is doing it, or that it is a cool way to get new followers. Do it because you have something to say and you know how you want to share it. I blog twice a week and that has been hard work! Some people can post every single day, even twice! Pace yourself and focus on quality and consistency over short bursts; your readers and your brain will appreciate it.
If you were only able to watch one film for the rest of your life, what film would you choose and why?
Beauty and the Beast. I am a HUGE Disney fan and have always loved how Belle was one of the first princesses to represent the value of intelligence and beauty lying beneath the surface. This film emphasises all my favourite things and I could sing the soundtrack all day.
Where do you write the majority of your blog posts?
Geographically? In my bedroom like the loner I love to be.
Technically? I write straight onto WordPress, I haven’t got time for planning and handwriting!
What is your favourite item that you own?
My favourite item would be my Disney key necklace which I bought from Disneyland Paris when I visited for my 21st birthday and their 25th anniversary. It is very special to me and I wear it everywhere I go.
You are stranded on a desert island, but have your three favourite books with you – what are they?
The final trilogy of Maria V. Snyder’s Study Series:
Shadow Study, Night Study, and Dawn Study.
Fruits or vegetables?
Fruits. Always fruits.
What is the main aim of your blog?
To share my creative writing projects and my love of literature. If I can inspire fellow writers along the way, that would be grand.
Any goals for the rest of 2018? List them below, and let us help you reach them.
- First full draft of Book One
- To find a slot on here for some blogging around mental health
- If we were to talk numbers (which in all fairness aren’t really my focus or drive), it would be quite cool if I earned:
1000 followers on Instagram
500 followers on Twitter
100 followers for Just Ink and Paper
- To qualify as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
- To travel to Toronto/Manhattan
- To make my return to Disneyland Paris
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- If you could have an all-expenses-paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- When would you most like to have been born/grown up?
- What is your favourite memory?
- What did you find most difficult at the beginning of your blogging journey, and how did you overcome it?
- Which is your favourite season and how do you make the most of it?
- What do you appreciate most about the blogging community?
- Who inspires you to keep going with your work?
- What’s next for your blog? Can we get a sneak peek?
Thank you again to Emily for her nomination, please check out her blog and all my nominees – they’re fantastic! I can’t wait to see your answers to my questions and your nominees.