My blog is a whole month old! A month of writing tips, notebook obsessions, book loving, and the introduction to my serial: Eleri’s Kingdom. In the past 24 hours I have seen plenty more of you join the community and become acquainted with my little corner of the internet; welcome to all of you! So today, on the advice of a friend, I would like to share with you three things: what I have learned, my favourite posts, and my goals for the next month.
What I have learned
- The blogging community is like a widespread, international cheerleading squad. Having spent time on many social media platforms, I have learned that there are so many people out there willing to support, promote, and engage with your work.
- Sincerity and positivity are your best tools when blogging and engaging with the community. Being yourself doesn’t just mean people are more likely to support you and follow you, but it means the work itself is easier too.
- Blogging is hard work, so you have to treat it as such. Set yourself a schedule, keep yourself motivated, do your part each and every day. Take time for yourself, set yourself realistic tasks, and love what you do. If you love it, so will your audience.
My favourite posts
- Why creating a storyboard might save your project: I received so much positive feedback on this post! You reported great outcomes from storyboarding and it was the most fun I had with my writing as well as blogging.
- Why I prioritised things I knew wouldn’t make the final draft: bringing you into the world of Asile and the secrets to its design was a lot of fun for me. I also hope it showed you some ways of creating your own projects and worlds.
- I’m Lizzie and I’m a Notebookaholic: An Instagram post of one of my notebooks opened up a discussion from many of my followers on their own love of stationery and notebooks. I just had to let my fellow addicts know they weren’t alone!
- To publish the first few chapters of Eleri’s Kingdom and respond to feedback.
- To publish posts every Monday and Wednesday.
- To join more blogging groups across social media and expand my reading.
How is your blog doing? Let me know your goals and favourite posts in the comments!